Autodesk® Advance Steel 2018
3D modeling software for steel detailing
Advance Steel detailing software is built on the AutoCAD platform. Structural engineering professionals use the software to help accelerate design, steel detailing, steel fabrication, and steel construction.
1] Steel modeling
- Parametric steel connections :
Ready-to-use Connection Vault can help save time.
- Dynamo extension for Advance Steel :
Create parametric complex structures with a visual programming tool.
- Sheet metal and folded plate work :
Create folded elements of any shape more quickly.
- Fabrication data information :
Access and transfer fabrication data and properties.
- Built-in connection design engine :
Check steel-connection design in real time.
- Intelligent structural objects :
Object library and wizards enable quicker modeling.
2] Detailing and documentation
- NC data :
Generate data for CNC workshop machines.
- Create more accurate BOMs :
Automatically generate BOMs based on design data.
- General arrangement drawings :
Produce clearer drawings for erection at site.
- Document Manager :
Control and track your documentation.
- Create a call-out directly on drawing :
From a selected area in an existing drawing, create a call-out and assign it a specific scale.
- Steel shop drawings :
Generate more accurate drawings for fabrication.
- Bidirectional link with Revit :
Faster time to fabrication with model synchronization.
- Navisworks interoperability :
Integrate data for quantification, simulation, and review.
- Robot Structural Analysis interoperability :
Optimize your structure with bidirectional links..
- MIS software interoperability :
Export data via KISS, XML, or IFC with MIS software.
- BIM 360 Team interoperability :
Collaborate more efficiently across the design team.
- Custom settings import :
Import your custom settings when moving to new versions.
- Open and flexible API :
Extend and enhance the use of Advance Steel.
- IFC capabilities :
Import or export a 3D model to an IFC 2x3 file.
- View native drawings in AutoCAD :
Object enabler lets you view Advance Steel drawings.
- Work-sharing :
Several users can work on the same project at once.
- Model-based approval workflow :
Color-code objects based on approval status.
- AutoCAD Plant 3D interoperability :
Integrate real-time workflow.